I have become obsessed with baking banana bread… I’ve been baking at least two loaves a week for the past month and a half. It’s just too easy!!
I haven’t been measuring my ingredients and as a result I’ve had a few loaves turnout better than others… but really, you can’t go wrong!
I’ve baked paleo banana bread (substituting ground almonds and/or flaxseed for flour), banana bread with avocado and traditional banana bread with white flour.
I’ve learnt a lot in the process – so here are my tips for baking delicious varieties of banana bread…
These ingredients, you need:
- 3-4 bananas
- 1 large egg
- 1.5 cups of flour (can substitute with ground almonds or ground flaxseeds)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
Toss these in as you wish – in order of my preference:
- Dried fruit (dates or apricot are my favourite)
- Mixed seeds
- Peanut Butter
- Avocado (blended smooth)
- Chocolate chips
Learn from my mistakes:
- Don’t add too many optional ingredients in… stick to a variety that is no greater than three
- Don’t add too many sweet optional ingredients to the mixture. Try to find a balance between the sweet (dried fruit/ honey etc) and the more neutral ingredients (nuts/ seeds)
- Many recipes call for granulated sugar and butter… to keep your snack healthy, stay away from these options
- Do not exceed 4 bananas for one loaf – things get mushy!
Have fun! Bake for 45-50 minutes at 350°F (or 175°C) x