This weekend I baked a loaf of banana bread (recipe here) and three trays of flapjacks. I know a recipe is worth sharing when Dan eats an entire tray before they even cool off!
I have a couple great recipes to share that are PERFECT for long runs or long rides on the bike.
These flapjacks are nutritious, healthy, high in carbs and just what you need to re-fuel.
Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 30 minutes
Result: 20 healthy & hearty flapjacks!
- Small spoon full of butter
- 1/4 cup of Canadian maple syrup
- 500g of oats
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup chopped dried dates
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 190°C / 375°F
- In a medium size bowl, mash the bananas and fold in the chopped dates and pecans
- On the stove, warm the butter and syrup in a pan
- Add the banana mixture and stir well
- Mix in the oats, frequently stirring
- Put the mixture in a tin and place in the oven
- Bake for 30 minutes
Let them cool (10 minutes minimum), cut into squares, and pack them up ready for your long run or ride. Enjoy!