This biscotti recipe has gotten me a lot of praise. It is gluten free, sugar free and most importantly: simply delicious.
Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 40 minutes
- 3 cups roughly chopped almonds
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped dried dates
- Ideally using a food processor, roughly chop the almonds. I don’t have a food processor so I chopped them by hand, which works fine too… just takes a little longer.
- Next, place your chopped almonds, buckwheat flour and baking powder in a large bowl and mix until almonds are evenly covered.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs and vanilla.
- Combine eggs with the almond mixture then fold in the dried dates.
- On a lined baking sheet form two evenly sized logs (wet your hands so the mixture doesn’t stick to them).
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes at 150°C (300°F).
- Let cool for at least an hour.
- Slice evenly (I usually take this opportunity to eat the edges).
- Place back in the oven to toast at 150°C (300°F) for 20 minutes.
- Voilà! Healthy homemade biscotti.
If you have a sweet tooth, in addition to the dates (or to replace the dates… I’ve tried both and both work), add chocolate chips. Also feel free to add raisons to the mixture as well – completely up to you. The combination of ingredients shared above is my favourite version of the recipe.
Brew some coffee or tea, and enjoy!