Morning everyone! I hope you all had a lovely weekend.
I’m waking up to a delicious bowl of Bircher Muesli to soothe the Monday Blues.
It’s not hard to fall in love with this overnight oats recipe – so easy to prepare and totally delicious.
I was introduced to Bircher Muesli in Mallorca on the RAAMIN4Charity training camp last month. Thanks to Suzanne, I now have a new favourite breakfast!
With the weather warming up too it is the perfect time to really appreciate this refreshing and filling breakfast.
- Rolled Oats (the ticker the better!)
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Berries/ Nuts/ Seeds of choice
- In a bowl, mix the oats, milk and greek yogurt together. For one person, you don’t need more than 1/3 cup of oats. Add milk and greek yogurt in so it looks a little soupy by the end. It’s roughly equal portions – i.e. for one portion of oats, add an equal amount of greek yogurt and the same amount of milk.
- Grate an apple in the bowl, add some raisons and mix well.
- Leave in the fridge overnight
- Enjoy in the AM adding your choice of berries, nuts and seeds! BOOM. That’s it.
I tend to prepare my overnight oats in a tupperware container so that there’s no dishes after. Just mix it up, put a lid on it and toss it in the fridge.
This has become a new staple in our house. Bircher for breakfast. So good!! Try it out 🙂