Prep: 5 minutes
Bake: 20 minutes
Ingredients (per Portobello mushroom)
- 1 Portobello Mushroom
- 1 Egg, scrambled
- 1 slice hard goats cheese
- Some chopped spring onion
- A few chopped baby tomatoes
- Salt + pepper
- Preheat the oven to 175°C (350 °F)
- Chop the steam of a washed Portobello mushroom off and place it on a pan facing upwards.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, spring onion and goat’s cheese in the mushroom.
- In a separate bowl, scramble an egg and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg in the mushroom; trying to prevent the egg from overflowing.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes or until the egg has hardened.
- Let cool for 1-2 minutes and then serve
Enjoy for a healthy breakfast or mid morning snack at the office. Keep refrigerated if you do not eat directly after preparation.
One response to Portobello Mushroom and Egg
[…] favourite meal of the day is breakfast though and this Portobello mushroom and egg combo was by far the winning meal of the week. It’s one of those meals that seem like a treat even […]