Yesterday I had a proper play in the kitchen and for the first time baked something without following a recipe. I couldn’t be happier with the result!
Inspired by banana pancakes, here is the recipe to my healthy banana muffins – no salt, no processed sugars, no oils, limited fat and natural sweeteners.
Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 20 minutes
Result: 12 deliciously healthy muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 egg (whisked)
- 1/3 melted butter
- 1-1/2 cups self raising flour
- 3 splashes of honey
- 1 dash of vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped peacans
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (or 175°C)
- In a medium size bowl, mash the bananas
- Stir in the whisked egg, melted better, honey, vanilla extract and flour. Stir well.
- Gently fold in the chopped peacans and dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Grease the muffin pan and spoon in the mixture filling each cup to roughly 2/3rds of its capacity
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
I think I am a little too excited with how well these turned out. Can’t even wait to tell my Grandma! Looking forward to sharing more healthy recipes I discover and/or use on a regular basis.
This is my first time writing a recipe down – so any comments on how to improve readability, please feel free to let me know!
Respond to Banana Muffins